- By default, updates are downloaded and installed at 3:00 A.M. every morning. This process occurs regardless of how you connect to the Internet. For example, this process occurs whether you connect to the Internet by using a cable connection, a DSL connection, or a dial-up modem.
- 1 Do Windows updates automatically install?
- 2 How often does Windows 10 install updates?
- 3 How long does it take for Windows updates to install?
- 4 How Windows updates are installed?
- 5 Will Windows 10 automatically update Windows 11?
- 6 Why is Windows update pending install?
- 7 Why is updating Windows 10 so slow?
- 8 Is Windows 11 upgrade free?
- 9 How long does the Windows 10 20H2 update take?
- 10 How long do Windows updates take 2021?
- 11 How do I know if my Windows update is stuck?
- 12 What to do if Windows Update is taking too long?
- 13 What happens when Windows Update?
- 14 How do you install Windows Update pending install?
- 15 Do Windows updates apply to all users?
- 16 How Windows Update works – Windows Deployment
- 17 How updating works
- 18 Scanning updates
- 19 Downloading updates
- 20 Installing updates
- 21 Committing Updates
- 22 Feedback
- 23 What you should do immediately after installing Windows
- 24 Check for and install software patches and updates—ArcGIS Notebook Server
- 25 updating high priority (critical), optional software and hardware updates.
- 25.1 High priority Windows updates
- 25.2 Optional software updates
- 25.3 Optional hardware updates
- 25.4 Microsoft-Updates (like MS-Office)
- 25.5 Service Pack’s
- 25.6 Deleting update files
- 25.7 Solving Windows Update problems
- 25.8 Disabling critical updates
- 25.9 Saving update files (optional for a slow internet connection)
- 26 Install or Update Multiple Apps at Once
- 27 Update Your Operating System and Software – Knowledgebase / Security / General Security
- 28 Keep Your Operating System and Its Programs Current
- 29 Use the Latest Version of Your Software (includes browser and anti-malware products)
- 30 Don’t Forget Your Mobile Device
- 31 Turning on Automatic Updates – For Microsoft Windows 10
- 32 Where do I turn it on?
- 33 Step 1 for Windows 10
- 34 Step 2 for Windows 10
- 35 Step 3 Windows 10
- 36 Creating the Install Windows Update updates task
- 37 B Oracle Service Bus Software Installation Screens
- 38 B.1Welcome
- 39 B.2Install Software Updates
- 40 B.3Installation Location
- 41 B.4Installation Type
- 42 B.5Components to Install
- 43 B.6Prerequisite Checks
- 44 B.7Product Home Location
- 45 B.8Installation Summary
- 46 B.9Installation Progress
- 47 B.10Installation Completed
Do Windows updates automatically install?
Windows Update automatically installs important updates as they become available. You can also set Windows Update to install recommended updates automatically or just let you know that they’re available. You can also choose whether to turn on Microsoft Update, which delivers updates for other Microsoft products.
How often does Windows 10 install updates?
Windows 10 checks for updates once per day. It does this automatically in the background. Windows doesn’t always check for updates at the same time every day, varying its schedule by a few hours to ensure Microsoft’s servers aren’t overwhelmed by an army of PCs checking for updates all at once.
How long does it take for Windows updates to install?
It may take between 10 and 20 minutes to update Windows 10 on a modern PC with solid-state storage. The installation process may take longer on a conventional hard drive.
How Windows updates are installed?
To review your Windows Update settings, head to Settings (Windows key + I). Choose Update & Security. In the Windows Update option, click Check for updates to see which updates are currently available. If updates are available, you will have the option to install them.
Will Windows 10 automatically update Windows 11?
As a free replacement for Windows 10, your PC will upgrade to Windows 11 automatically. If it doesn’t meet the hardware requirements, your PC will remain on Windows 10 until hardware support expires. At that point, you should really upgrade both your PC’s hardware as well as the operating system.
Why is Windows update pending install?
What it means: It means it’s waiting for a specific condition to full fill. It can be because there is a previous update pending, or the computer is Active Hours, or a restart is required. Check if there is another update pending, If yes, then install it first.
Why is updating Windows 10 so slow?
Usually, Windows 10 updates will take 30 minutes to 1 hour or even longer. The reason why it takes so long is that the bigger the update is, the larger files and features will be added to the system. Also, to optimize Windows performance and fix bugs, the larger system file will be.
Is Windows 11 upgrade free?
As Microsoft has released Windows 11 on 24th June 2021, Windows 10 and Windows 7 users want to upgrade their system with Windows 11. As of now, Windows 11 is a free upgrade and everyone can upgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 11 for free.
How long does the Windows 10 20H2 update take?
Feature updates take approximately 30-45 minutes on average, longer than traditional Windows updates. ITS recommends beginning the update when you are not working, such as at the end of the workday. If Windows 10 20H2 is not installed by September 8, the update will run automatically at 5:30 p.m. on that day.
How long do Windows updates take 2021?
On average, the update will take around one hour (depending on the amount of data on the computer and internet connection speed) but may take between 30 minutes and two hours.
How do I know if my Windows update is stuck?
Press the Ctrl+ Shift+ Esc buttons to open the Task Manager. Press More details inside the window. Select the Performance tab, and check activity of CPU, Memory, Disk, and Internet connection. In the case that you see a lot of activity, it means that the update process is not stuck.
What to do if Windows Update is taking too long?
After restarting your PC, try these fixes:
- Run the Windows Update Troubleshooter.
- Disable third-party startups.
- Restart Windows Update service.
- Free up your hard drive space.
- Update device drivers.
- Repair corrupt system files.
What happens when Windows Update?
Windows Update downloads manifest files and provides them to the arbiter. The arbiter evaluates the manifest and tells the Windows Update client to download files. Windows Update client downloads files in a temporary folder. The arbiter stages the downloaded files.
How do you install Windows Update pending install?
Windows Update Pending Install (Tutorial)
- Open the Start menu.
- Click the power button.
- Select Update and restart.
- Once you’re back on the desktop, open the Settings app with the Win+I keyboard shortcut.
- Go to Update and Security.
- Select Windows Update.
- Click Check for updates.
- The update will begin to install.
Do Windows updates apply to all users?
Windows updates have never been “user specific” as long as I can remember. You update Windows and other Microsoft software. Windows does not ‘update’ the users themselves, nor am I sure what the question is trying to ask.
How Windows Update works – Windows Deployment
Continue to the main content This browser is no longer supported by the manufacturer. You may benefit from the newest features, security updates, and technical support by switching to Microsoft Edge from Internet Explorer.
Please rate your experience
The information you provide will be forwarded to Microsoft: By clicking the submit button, your input will be used to improve Microsoft products and services in the future. Policy on personal information. Thank you very much.
In this article
This is applicable to Microsoft’s Windows Update process is comprised of four primary areas of functionality:
- The scan is scheduled by the orchestrator, and the orchestrator confirms admin approvals and policies before downloading them.
- Arbiter receives manifest files from Windows Update, which is downloaded by Orchestrator and sent to him by Arbiter. The arbitrator assesses the manifest and instructs the Windows Update client to download the necessary files. The Windows Update client downloads files and saves them in a temporary directory
- The arbitrator organizes the downloaded files into folders.
- The installation is initiated by the orchestrator. The arbitrator requests that the package be installed by the installer.
- Initiates a restart on the orchestrator’s behalf The arbiter completes his or her work before the restart
How updating works
The Windows Update Orchestrator is a background function that scans for, downloads, and installs updates while the computer is in the process of updating. It performs these tasks automatically, according to your preferences, and invisibly so that they do not interfere with your computer’s operation.
The Windows Update Orchestrator on your computer checks for new updates on the Microsoft Update server or your WSUS endpoint at random intervals, according to your preferences. With the randomization feature, you can guarantee that the Windows Update server isn’t inundated with too many requests at the same time. When searching for updates, the Update Orchestrator only looks for those that have been added since the previous time updates were searched. This allows it to identify updates fast and effectively.
It follows the criteria established by the update’s publisher, for example, Microsoft Office, which incorporates enterprise group policies into its operations.
|Update||We use this term to mean several different things, but in this context it’s the actual updated code or change.|
|Bundle update||An update that contains 1-N child updates; doesn’t contain payload itself.|
|Child update||Leaf update that’s bundled by another update; contains payload.|
|Detector update||A special “update” that contains “IsInstalled” applicability rule only and no payload. Used for prereq evaluation.|
|Category update||A special “detectoid” that has anIsInstalledrule that is always true. Used for grouping updates and to allow the device to filter updates.|
|Full scan||Scan with empty datastore.|
|Delta scan||Scan with updates from previous scan already cached in datastore.|
|Online scan||Scan that uses the network and to check an update server.|
|Offline scan||Scan that doesn’t use the network and instead checks the local datastore. Only useful if online scan has been performed before.|
|CatScan||Category scan where caller can specify acategoryIdto get updates published under thatcategoryId.|
|AppCatScan||Category scan where caller can specify anAppCategoryIdto get apps published under thatappCategoryId.|
|Software sync||Part of the scan that only checks for software updates (both the apps and the operating system).|
|Driver sync||Part of the scan that checks driver updates only. This sync is optional and runs after the software sync.|
|ProductSync||A sync based on attributes, in which the client provides a list of device, product, and caller attributes ahead of time to allow service to check applicability in the cloud.|
How Windows Update scanning works
Windows Update performs the following operations when a scan is performed.
Starts the scan for updates
In the event when a user initiates a search in Windows Update using the Settings panel, the following occurs:
- The scan initially generates a “ComApi” message, which indicates that it is complete. The caller (Microsoft Defender Antivirus) instructs the Windows Update engine to check for updates
- “Agent” messages indicate that the scan is being queued, and subsequently that the task is being performed:
- It is possible to distinguish between updates by using various IDs (“ID = 10,” “ID = 11”) and by using separate thread ID numbers. With the thread ID filtering feature, Windows Update is able to concentrate on a certain activity.
Identifies service IDs
- It is indicated by the service ID which update source is being searched. Despite the fact that many services may contain the same updates, the Windows Update engine recognizes each service as a different entity. Common service IDsImportantServiceId here refers to a client abstraction rather than a specific service in the cloud, which is important to note. It is not necessary to make any assumptions about which server a serviceId is referring to. The replies from the Service Locator Service are in complete control of the situation.
|Unspecified / Default||WU, MU, or WSUS00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000|
|WSUS or Configuration Manager||Via ServerSelection:ssManagedServer3DA21691-E39D-4da6-8A4B-B43877BCB1B7|
|Offline scan service||Via IUpdateServiceManager:AddScanPackageService|
Finds network faults
The most common reason for update failure is due to network difficulties. In order to get to the base of the problem:
- In order to see client-server synchronization network traffic, look for “ProtocolTalker” messages
- “SOAP faults” might be caused by difficulties on either the client or the server side. have a look at the message The Service Locator Service is used by the Windows Update client to find the settings and endpoints of Microsoft network update sources, such as Windows Update, Microsoft Update, and Flighting, among others. Note WSUS or Configuration Manager can be searched against without triggering any warning warnings from the Service Locator Service
- Otherwise, disregard them. If a site solely uses WSUS or Configuration Manager, it is possible that the Service Locator Service will be denied access through the firewall. As a result, the request will be denied, and while the service will be unable to scan against Windows Update or Microsoft Update, it will be able to scan against WSUS or Configuration Manager due to the fact that it is locally configured
If you have selected the option to automatically download updates, the Windows Update Orchestrator will assess which updates are applicable to your machine and begin downloading them as soon as it has determined which updates are applicable. It performs its operations in the background, so that your usual usage of the gadget is not disrupted. In order to prevent your other downloads from being impacted or slowed down while updates are being downloaded, Windows Update employs Delivery Optimization, which downloads updates while simultaneously reducing bandwidth use.
When an update is available, the “Arbiter” as well as any associated information is downloaded. When the download is complete, the Arbiter will collect information from the device and compare it with the downloaded metadata to generate a “action list.” The action list will vary depending on your Windows Update settings. The action list explains all of the files that must be downloaded from Windows Update, as well as what the installation agent (such as CBS or Setup) should do with each of those items once downloaded.
The action list is submitted to the installation agent, together with the payload, in order for the installation to be started.
When the option to automatically install updates is enabled, the Windows Update Orchestrator will, in the majority of circumstances, restart the device for you once the updates have been installed. It is necessary to restart the gadget since it is possible that it is unsecure or not fully updated until it is rebooted. You may specify when devices will restart when a Windows 10 update is deployed using Group Policy settings, mobile device management (MDM), or the registry (which is not advised).
Feedback may be sent and viewed for
What you should do immediately after installing Windows
If you want to boost security and ensure seamless performance once Windows has finished installing, take the following steps right away:
- Create user accounts: Each individual who will be using the computer should have their own password-protected account on the system. Only one administrator account should be created. Antivirus software should be checked: Windows Defender, Microsoft’s built-in security suite, is included with Windows 11, Windows 10, and Windows 8.x
- It is also included with Windows 7. To activate Windows, select this option if you did not do so during the installation process. Type the word Activation into the search bar. To access the icon with that name, click on it. Read on to learn more about how to activate Windows 11 and Windows 10, as well as how to activate Microsoft Windows 7 and Microsoft Windows 8.1. Download and install Windows updates: By default, this feature is enabled, and it will begin downloading and installing updates as soon as you are connected to the internet. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation. In order for the updates to be successfully installed, you will need to restart your computer. When the symbol displays a yellow update shield or when your computer requests you to restart in order to install updates, your machine is ready to install updates. Install the necessary drivers: When your computer communicates with its actual devices, this is known as driversoftware. For assistance, contact Microsoft Support. IUware software may be downloaded here: Numerous apps are available for free to Indiana University students, teachers, and staff through IUware or Microsoft 365 (previously Office 365)
- Pulse Secure allows you to connect to the Indiana University network even while you are not on campus. You will be able to read and modify documents with the Microsoft Office suite, among other things. See IU’s Microsoft Office availability for further information. If you experience networking troubles in the future, theUITS Network Repair Toolwill come in handy.
- Additional software can be found by browsing IUware. Install the following extra Windows programs: You may want to download and install a web browser other than Internet Explorer, such asChrome or Firefox, if you prefer that option. When it comes to installing new apps, you have two choices:
- Ninite makes it simple to install a large number of applications in a short period of time. To install the programs, choose the check boxes next to the ones you want to use and then click at the bottom. Follow the on-screen instructions. Do not choose software that can be obtained through IUware (for example, Microsoft Office or Adobe applications)
- This is a third-party application that is not affiliated with Indiana University and that IU does not promote. Manual installation of needed software may be accomplished by visiting the software’s separate websites and downloading the necessary installation files. It is important to note that you should not install any other software with your chosen program
- For example, uncheck options such as “Yes, install McAfee Security Scan Plus” or toolbars that a website may offer.
The Knowledge Base is located at documentbbskin.com. The most recent modification was made on December 21, 2021 at 13:16.
Check for and install software patches and updates—ArcGIS Notebook Server
Every few months, Esri publishes software patches and updates for all ArcGIS components, including ArcGIS Enterprise, to keep the program up to date. Each update is publicized on the Esri Support website’sPatches and Service Packspage, and email notifications are delivered to those who have subscribed to the page. If you have the apatchnotificationutility installed with the program, you may check to see if any updates are available as well. Using thepatchnotificationutility, you may get notifications about patches and updates for ArcGIS Enterprisecomponents, server roles, and extensions.
If more than one of these items is installed on the machine, the updateinformation for each of those products will be reported as well as the overall updateinformation.
You have the option of installing particular patches of your choosing, simply security patches, or all of the fixes that are currently available.
Follow the procedures outlined below to check for and install any necessary updates.
- Log in to the machine that is hosting the game. ArcGIS Online Portal
- Log in to the computer that is hosting ArcGIS Notebook Server. Select All Programs from the StartAll Programs drop-down menu. ArcGIS ArcGIS Notebook Server is a web-based application that allows you to create and edit maps and notebooks. Check for ArcGIS Enterprise updates if you haven’t already. Additionally, you may launch the tool from the command prompt (patchnotification.bat). To launch the tool in console mode, type the-ccommand at the command prompt (patchnotification.bat -c). The patch notification application may be found in the ArcGIS Notebook Server installation directory under the toolspatchnotificationdirectory subdirectory. An error notice shows if your system is not connected to the internet or does not have direct access to the internet. If your system connects to the internet using a forward proxy server, you’ll need to specify the proxy server in the utility:
- At the bottom of the utility dialog box, click on the settings button to make changes. SelectConnect via a Proxy Server from theProxy Settingsdialog box
- Then click OK. Specify the proxy server’s host name, port, and user credentials (if any) in the following fields: To establish a connection with the proxy server, choose OK.
- Select All Programs from the StartAll Programs drop-down menu. ArcGISPortal for ArcGISCheck for ArcGIS Enterprise Updates ArcGIS Enterprise Updates Additionally, you may launch the tool from the command prompt (patchnotification.bat). To launch the tool in console mode, type the-ccommand at the command prompt (patchnotification.bat -c). The patch notification program may be found in thePortal for ArcGIS installation directory in the toolspatchnotificationdirectory. An error notice shows if your system is not connected to the internet or does not have direct access to the internet. If your system connects to the internet using a forward proxy server, you’ll need to specify the proxy server in the utility:
- At the bottom of the utility dialog box, click on the settings button to make changes. SelectConnect via a Proxy Server from theProxy Settingsdialog box
- Then click OK. Specify the proxy server’s host name, port, and user credentials (if any) in the following fields: To establish a connection with the proxy server, choose OK.
- Examine the most recent information. Other ArcGIS Enterpriseproducts that are installed on the workstation are also displayed, along with information about those items. Patches that have been installed are listed at the bottom of the dialog box. To acquire further information and directions for downloading and installing the update, select any of the links in the dialog box. To apply a specific patch, from the utility dialog box, click the download button next to the patch you wish to install. The patch is downloaded automatically, and the patch installation dialog box is displayed after the download is complete, according to the manufacturer. Complete the patch installation by following the on-screen directions. If you choose, you can also click on theInstall Security PatchesorInstall All Patchesbuttons on the right-hand side of thedialog box to apply the relevant updates. You may use the options -i sec and -i all to install just security patches and all available patches, respectively, if you’re running the tool from the command line or in console mode. By default, all downloaded files will be stored and retained in the system’s temporary storage area, and downloaded patch folders will never be removed from the system. Changes to either of these characteristics may be made by clicking on the settings button at the bottom of the utility and then selecting theInstall Settingstab.
- Patches can be downloaded from the default download site by specifying a new download destination in theDownload folderpath field. You can use the command-d to select a new download destination if the program is being launched from the command line or in console mode. For example, if you want all downloaded files and folders destroyed following a successful patch installation, go to theDelete patch foldermenu and selectAlways delete after successful installations. Once each successful patch installation has been completed, use the -o always option to erase the patch folder from the command line or in console mode. By default, this parameter is set to never
- However, this may be changed.
- Make certain that you install the same patch or update to all of the computers in your ArcGIS Notebook Serversite. In case your portal is set up for high availability, be sure to apply the same patch or update to all of the machines.
To close thepatchnotificationdialog box, press the OK button. Do you have any thoughts on this subject?
updating high priority (critical), optional software and hardware updates.
It is imperative that you update all of your Windows software after you have completed the installation of Windows, device drivers, a firewall, and an internet connection.
Updating Windows is actually rather simple; first, go to the Windows Update page, which is as follows: Start, All Programs, and Windows Update are the options. When you go to the Windows Update page, you will be presented with two choices:
- Only important updates (Express Install, HighPriority updates) should be installed. Configure your computer to automatically install crucial and optional software updates (Custom Install, High Priority, and Optional Updates)
High priority Windows updates
All of the crucial updates must be installed in order for the system to function properly. If you do not install these crucial updates, you will experience some serious security risks, which must be addressed as soon as possible. Prevent yourself from visiting other websites by installing the important updates first. Use one of the options listed above to download and install all of the High priority updates from the Windows Update website. After you have completed the installation of the high priority critical updates, restart your computer and return to the Windows Update page.
When Service Pack 3 (SP3) is made available on CD-ROM, you can install it without first having to install SP1 or SP2.
You may find instructions on how to disable the Security Center on the page dedicated to optimizing Windows services.
Optional software updates
If all of the important updates have been installed, look for optional updates that will improve the overall performance of your Windows system. There are updates for the Media Player, Outlook Express, the DirectX.NET Framework, and other programs. Reboot your computer after installing the optionalWindows updates and check the Windows Update website again until all required optional and all criticalWindows updates have been installed!
Optional hardware updates
You will also be able to obtain the most recent versions of the hardware’s drivers. I prefer to install or update the device drivers using the most recent drivers available from the manufacturer even if Windows comes with a large number of pre-installed device drivers. Things going wrong (blue screen) after updating device drivers from the Windows update page is something I’ve seen quite a few times. As a result, it is recommended that you install one device driver update at a time. It is possible that the new driver will result in a BSOD (Blue Screen Of Death).
Microsoft-Updates (like MS-Office)
In addition to applying Windows updates, you may select to update allMicrosoft programs, such as Microsoft Word. As a result, you go to the Windows Update page and select Microsoft-Updates from the menu bar on the right. The technique for updating is quite similar to that of Windows Update.
If you have recently reinstalled Windows XP, it is recommended that you update immediately with the most recent Service Pack. Downloading (and installing) the ServicePack files straight from the WindowsUpdate site is an option, as is downloading (and installing) the ServicePack file through the Microsoft download center ().
There is no need to install the prior service packs if you are installing the most recent service pack!
Deleting update files
If you have completed the installation of all updates (or if you are experiencing difficulties with the Windows Updatewebsite), you can safely remove the contents in the following folders: C:WindowsSystem32Catroot2C:WINDOWSSoftwareDistributionDownload Although I can’t see why you would want to roll back the recently installed high priorityWindows updates, especially if there are no issues, Remove any hidden folders beginning with the letter ” $ ” from the folder C:WINDOWS (this might free up a lot of hard drive space!) in order to erase the undo files.
Except for the folder $hf mig$, there is no exception to this rule.
If you are still experiencing troubles with Windows updates, try turning off and back on the Windows update feature (Control Panel, AutomaticUpdates).
Remove hidden files and folders by going to Tools > Folder Options > tabView and selecting Display the content of system folders, Show hidden files and folders, DisableHideextensions for recognized file types, and DisableHide protected operating system files.
Solving Windows Update problems
Problems with Windows Update are quite frequent. For example, previously installed updates may reappear after a restart, or Windows Update may display an error message and refuse to proceed further. Many of these issues may be resolved with relative ease by just resetting Windows Update! This will remove the update installation files as well as the update history, and the update function will be restored. Windows Update should be reset. Prior to restoring Windows Update, it is required to temporarily disable the service Windows update.
Next, using the Windows Explorer, remove the contents of the folder C:WindowsSoftwareDistribution (which contains the update history and any downloaded updates).
After the folderSoftwareDistributionhas been renamed or removed, the service Windows updatecan be restarted by right-clicking on it and selecting the option forStart from the context menu that appears.
If you have previously utilized Microsoft Update (for the automatic installation of updates for all Microsoft programs), you will need to re-activate it.
It is required to alter the default homepage after restarting Internet Explorer, as well as to modify a few other settings. Check out the add-ons as well, and make sure that the add-ons you require are activated before continuing (Tools,Manage add-ons).
Disabling critical updates
If you are still having difficulties installing important updates despite following the above-mentioned steps, you can deactivate the critical update. Make a double-click on the yellow shield indicating essential updates and select the custom installation option. Disable the important update that you do not want to be provided again in the near future (confirm in the next window). If you enable automatic updates in the Control panel, you will be given the choice to view any previously concealed updates and install them as you see fit (near the bottom of the window, you will see the optionOfferupdates, which I previously disabled).
Saving update files (optional for a slow internet connection)
With the new Windows Update program, all updates are saved in the folder C:WINDOWSSoftwareDistributionDownload, which is accessible from the C: drive. By transferring these files to a secure area, you will have a backup in case you need to reinstall Windows. This can save you a significant amount of download time, which is especially useful if you have a sluggish internet connection. Please keep in mind that the files do not have an extension, and the name does not make you happy either. To make them function, simply include the extension.exe or.msi file (you can rename to recognize them if you wish).
CREATE AN IMAGE OF YOUR SYSTEM FIRST
In certain cases, it might be beneficial to build a backup of your present system beforehand, especially if you anticipate that you will have trouble with the Windows updates. If something causes your Windows to go into a state of “blue,” you will be able to restore it to its previous state.
AUTOMATIC UPDATE WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER
Is the automatic Windows Media Player update anything that bothers you? Start the registry editor and navigate to the keyHKEY LOCAL MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftMediaPlayerPlayerUpgrade, where you may modify the String ValueAskMeAgaininno to something more appropriate (instead ofyes).
|HOMEWindows 7Windows VistaWindows XP||SECURITYAVG antivirusComodo Internet SecurityHOSTS-file||SOFTWAREShortcuts/HotkeysBack-up/file SyncFree software||NETWORKWireless networkSharing filesOutlook||PREPARATIONInstalling Windows in 10 stepsBackup data/driversPartitioning||SYSTEMResizing partitionsMultibootMove personal files|
SchoonePC is based in Rotterdam, The Netherlands, and will operate from 2001 until 2022.
Install or Update Multiple Apps at Once
- Google’s Fast Browser 97.0.4692.71
- Alternative Browser 82.0.4227.58
- Extensible Browser 96.0
- Microsoft Edge Browser 97.0.1072.55
- The following applications are available: Zoom, Video Conference 22.214.171.12481, Discord, Voice and Text Chat 1.0.9003, Skype, and Internet Telephone. Thunderbird
- Email Reader by Mozilla
- Multi-IM Client 2.14.8
- The Trillian IM 126.96.36.199
- The Trillian 91.5.0
- Music/Media Manager 188.8.131.52
- Great Video Player 3.0.16
- Music Player 5.01.2358
- Music Player 1.6.9
- Music Player 184.108.40.20660
- Music ManagerPlayer 3.4.8033.18564
- K-Lite Codecs
- Video decoders plus Media Player Classic 16.7.0
- Video Player 220.127.116.1170
- Online Music Service 18.104.22.1687
- The Java (AdoptOpenJDK) x64 8
- 64-bit Java Runtime (JRE) 8u312-b07
- Java (AdoptOpenJDK) 8
- 32-bit Java Runtime (JRE) 8u312-b07
- Java (AdoptOpenJDK) x64 11
- 64-bit Java Runtime (JRE) 11.0.13
- .NET 4.8
- Microsoft.NET 4.8.04084
- The.NET Desktop Runtime
- Among the programs available are Krita, a painting program (version 5.0.2)
- Blender, a 3D creation suite (version 3.0.0)
- Paint.NET, an image editor (version 4.307.8039.30451
- Requires.NET 4.5)
- GIMP, an open source image editor (version 2.10.30)
- IrfanView, an image viewer (version 4.59)
- XnView, an image viewer (version 2.50.4)
- Inkscape, a vector graphics editor (version 1.1.1)
- Among the free office suites available are LibreOffice, Free Office Suite 7.2.5 (JRE suggested), SumatraPDF, Lightweight PDF Reader 3.3.3, CutePDF, Print Documents as PDF Files 4.0, OpenOffice, Free Office Suite 4.1.11 (JRE recommended), and OpenOffice, Free Office Suite 4.1.11 (JRE recommended).
- Spybot 2, Spyware Remover 2.7.64, Avira, Avira Free Antivirus 15.0.2112.2132, SUPERAntiSpyware, SUPERAntiSpyware Free 10.0.1242
- Avast, Avast Free Antivirus 21.11.6809
- AVG, AVG Free Antivirus 21.11.3215
- Malwarebytes, Malware Remover 22.214.171.124
- Avast, Avas
- Dropbox is a fantastic online backup and file synchronization service. SugarSync
- Online Backup/File Sync 126.96.36.199
- Google Drive for Desktop
- Online File Sync 188.8.131.52
- Online File Sync by Microsoft 21.230.1107.0004
- It includes Evernote, Online Notes 184.108.40.20691, Google Earth, Online Atlas of the United States by Google 220.127.116.1148, Steam, App Store for Games, KeePass 2, Password Manager 2.50, Everything, Local File Search Engine 18.104.22.1689, NV Access, Screen Reader 2021.3.1, and NV Access, Screen Reader 2021.3.1.
- TeamViewer 15
- Remote Access Tool 15.25.8
- Disc Burner 22.214.171.124
- RealVNC Server
- RealVNC Remote Access 126.96.36.199849
- RealVNC Viewer
- RealVNC Remote Access 6.21.1109.45988
- Better File Copy
- TeamViewer 15
- RealVNC Remote Access 6.8.0 InfraRecorder
- Disc Burner 0.53
- Classic Start
- Classic Shell Win8 Start Menu 4.3.1
- App Uninstaller/Reverse Ninite 2.3.5
- Hotkey Launcher 2.5
- Directory Statistics 188.8.131.52
- System Utilities 184.108.40.206
- Great Compression App 21.07
- File Compression Tool 8.3.0
- Another Compression Tool 6.02 (Trial)
- JDK (AdoptOpenJDK) x64 8u312-b07
- 64-bit Java Development Kit 8u312-b07
- JDK (Amazon Corretto) x64 8u312-b07
- JDK (Amazon Corretto) x64 11
- 64-bit Java Development Kit 11.0.13
- JDK (Amazon Corretto) x64 8
Update Your Operating System and Software – Knowledgebase / Security / General Security
Around the clock, new malware is being developed to attack your computer or device, its operating system, and any software or apps that have been placed on it. If you do not keep your anti-virus software and browsers up to date and properly patched, you put yourself and your computer at danger. If you have the most recent software version, you can be certain that your computer or gadget will not only be more secure, but it will also run better and be more dependable. Maintain your security by following these recommended practices.
Keep Your Operating System and Its Programs Current
Please don’t disregard any messages from your computer informing you of the availability of new important system upgrades. Instead, get them up and running as quickly as feasible. From the Microsoft Update website, Windows systems may download crucial system updates that are required for operation. For further information, see the Windows Update FAQ on Microsoft’s website. From theApple Support Downloadswebsite, users of Apple Macs may download important system updates. Visit theApple Security Updatessite for a complete list of all of the updates that have been released.
Apple’s main menu allows you to customize the frequency with which your computer checks for updates. System Preferences are a set of options that allow you to customize your system. Update of the software.
Use the Latest Version of Your Software (includes browser and anti-malware products)
In addition to your operating system and any linked software, make sure to maintain all of your other applications and apps up to date.
In order to defend your computer from Internet dangers such as spyware and other nasty hacker exploits, it is critical to keep your browser up to date. Make careful to accept any updates that are presented to you. It should be noted that certain browsers will automatically check for the most recent version. Here is a list of the most popular browsers, along with information on how they handle updates:
- Configure Firefox to check for updates automatically at regular intervals. ToolsOptionsAdvancedUpdate Install updates on a regular basis
- Google Chrome: By default, Google Chrome checks for updates automatically (see Update Google Chrome). Updates to the most recent version of Microsoft Edge are performed automatically through Windows Update. Configure Microsoft Internet Explorer to automatically upgrade to newer versions whenever new versions are released. HelpAbout Internet Explorer, select “Install new versions automatically” from the drop-down menu. When you’re connected to the Internet, Safari takes advantage of Apple Software Update and scans for the most recent versions of the browser. Applications Update for Windows is highly recommended for Windows users in order to keep Safari and other Apple software up to date.
[email protected] is the primary method through which the Brown community is informed about new software or upgrades to existing software. In addition, you may browse the most latest versions of the software in the Software Catalog.
Update your anti-virus protection to the most recent version available from the Software Catalog. Each time you connect onto the Brown network, you are guaranteed to have the most up-to-date virus definitions on your computer since you are using Brown’s version.
Don’t Forget Your Mobile Device
Update your mobile device on a regular basis, using the automatic update feature if it is available for your specific phone. Maintain the latest version of all installed software, including operating systems and apps, as well. Make use of anti-virus applications and, if feasible, set them up to update themselves automatically.
- Android: While updates are often distributed to your phone as soon as they become available, you can check the version number by going toSettingsAbout Device. You may check your apps by going to the Google Play Store and selecting My apps to see which ones need to be updated. iPhone/iPod Touch: To keep your iPhone up to date with the newest software, connect it to your computer using iTunes. For further information, see the articleiOS: How to Update Your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch
HelpfulUnhelpful This page was useful to 18 out of 40 people who visited it.
Turning on Automatic Updates – For Microsoft Windows 10
- Auto-updates, particularly for operating systems, should be enabled or confirmed. Keep an eye out for and install any updates that are available if auto-updates are not accessible, especially for software. When auto-updates are not available, install the latest updates as soon as feasible. Establish an appropriate time for auto-updates to prevent interruptions to normal company operations
- If you use anti-virus software, be certain that automatic updates are enabled.
Please keep in mind that if your gear or software is too old, it may not be able to auto-update, leaving your company vulnerable to technical, software, and security risks. The ACSC advises that you upgrade your device or software to the latest version. After the 14th of January 2020 and the 13th of October 2020, Microsoft Office 7 and Microsoft Office 10 will no longer be supported.
Where do I turn it on?
Automatic updates can be enabled in a variety of ways, depending on your operating system and the apps you use. If you have a desktop computer or mobile device running Microsoft Windows 10, this tutorial will walk you through the process of turning on automatic updates. For instructions on how to enable automatic updates on a Mac, see Turning On Automatic Updates – For iMac, MacBook, iPhone, and iPad.
Step 1 for Windows 10
The operating system on your computer is the most crucial piece of software you can have. It is in charge of the hardware and all of the programs on your computer.
- Select theWindowsicon, which may be found in the bottom left of your display screen. To access the settings menu, click on the Settings Icon. Once in theSettings menu, select theSystemicon. Once in System, scroll down to the bottom and choose About
- Scroll down to the Windows Specifications section of theAboutwindow. To find out what operating system you’re using, look forEditioninformation. You can find out which version you have by scrolling down. The device depicted in the panel below is a Windows 10 Home device running version 1903. Identifying which Windows version you have will provide you with information on the product’s life cycle, or how long the manufacturer will support your operating system.
Step 2 for Windows 10
By default, Windows 10 upgrades your operating system for you without your intervention. Manually verifying that you are up to current and that it is turned on is, however, the safest course of action.
- Select theWindowsicon, which may be found in the bottom left of your display screen. To access the settings menu, click on the Settings Icon. Once inSettings, go down to the Security section and click on UpdateSecurity. If required, in theUpdateSecuritywindow, selectCheck for Updates from the drop-down menu. To see if your updates have been halted, select Advanced Options from the drop-down menu. Even when automatic updates are set, some feature updates will need to be activated manually because they are not automatically enabled. To do so, navigate to SettingsUpdateSecurityWindows Update and click on Check for updates under Security. When the update arrives, you may choose to download and install it right away.
Step 3 Windows 10
It is advised that, in addition to turning on automatic updates for your operating system, you also switch on automatic updates for your applications and software. When it comes to turning on automatic updates for applications, there are normally three options.
- Programs are updated automatically in conjunction with operating system upgrades. When a software is first installed, the default setting is for automatic updates. Turning on automatic updates is done manually. This can be enabled through Advanced Options (see Step 2 for Microsoft Windows 10)
- Nevertheless, it is not recommended.
Every program is unique in its own way. Follow the instructions provided by the program’s creator for further information on the actions to take to manually enable automatic updates for your applications.
Refer to the Small Business Cyber Security Guide for further information on cyber security recommendations tailored specifically for small enterprises.
Creating the Install Windows Update updates task
All | None of the above | None of the above Client devices can be updated with new software using the Windows Update service, which can be accomplished through the Install Windows Update updates action. There are a number of limits to the software update and installation operations. These restrictions are dependent on the license under which you are using Kaspersky Security Center Cloud Console, as well as on the mode in which Kaspersky Security Center Cloud Console is configured to operate. In order to create the Install Windows Update updates job, follow these steps:
- Then, in the main program window, navigate to DEVICESTASKS and press Add. The Task Wizard for Adding Tasks is launched. Next, use the Nextbutton to proceed through the Wizard
- Select the Install Windows Update updates task type for the Kaspersky Security Center Cloud Console program. Give the task that you are creating a name by typing it in the text box provided. Any special characters (“*?:|)
- Or any characters longer than 100 characters are prohibited from being used in a task name. The devices to which the work will be allocated will be chosen. To add a new item, click theAddbutton. The list of recent updates appears
- Select the Windows Update updates that you wish to install, and then click OK to complete the process. Set the following options for the operating system’s restart:
- Keep the gadget from being restarted. Restarting the device is recommended. Prompt the user to take action
- Every (minute), repeat the prompt. After (minutes), restart the program. Force the shutdown of apps running in blocked sessions.
- Password for default account
- Password for specified account
- On theFinish task creationpage, activate theOpen task details after creation is complete option if you wish to make changes to the default task parameters before they are saved. It is not necessary to choose this option
- Otherwise, the task will be created with the default parameters. You have the option to change the default settings at any moment in the future. To complete the process, click theFinishbutton. The task is generated and appears in the list of tasks
- It is completed. To access the task properties window, select the name of the newly created task from the drop-down menu. Specify the general task parameters according to your requirements in the task properties box. To save your work, click theSavebutton.
The task has been created and is ready to be used. Create the job Install needed updates and repair vulnerabilities. View information about third-party software upgrades that are currently available. the top of the page
B Oracle Service Bus Software Installation Screens
This appendix offers screenshots and descriptions of the windows that appear during the installation of the Oracle Service Bus. It is divided into the following sections:
- Installing Software Updates
- Installation Location
- Installation Type
- Components to Install
- Prerequisite Checks
- Product Home Location
- Installation Summary
- Installation Progress
- Installation Completed
- Installing Software Updates
Installation of the image install welcome.gif is described in detail. It is on this page that you will learn about the Oracle Fusion Middleware installation and receive two crucial pieces of information: 1.
- Illustration install welcome.gif is described in detail here. You will learn about the Oracle Fusion Middleware installation on this page, which also contains two critical pieces of information:
You should carefully review the information on this screen to ensure that you have completed all of the essential conditions. Refer to the Oracle Fusion Middleware Installation Planning Guide for further information, as well as to the installation guide for the individual Oracle Fusion Middleware software you are going to install if any of the required activities are unclear to you.
B.2Install Software Updates
Install sw updates 1.gif is described in detail in the picture. By logging into your My Oracle Support account, you may quickly and simply search for the latest software updates, including critical security upgrades, available for your computer. The fields on this screen are described in further detail in the following table.
|Skip Software Updates||Select this option to skip this screen. The installer will not check for updates that might be applicable to the current product installation.|
|Search My Oracle Support for Updates||If you have a My Oracle Support account, then select this option to have the installer automatically search My Oracle Support for software updates that apply to the software products are about to install.Enter your My Oracle Support account name and password, and then clickSearch for Updates.The installer automatically downloads applicable software updates from My Oracle Support.Before you search for update, you can test your login credentials and the connection to My Oracle Support by clickingTest Connection. ClickProxy Settingsto configure a proxy server if one is required.|
|Search Local Directory for Updates||Select this option if you already downloaded the latest software updates and you want the installer to search a local directory for updates applicable to the products you are about to install.When you select this option, the installer displays an additional field andBrowsebutton that you can use to identify the local directory where your updates are located.|
Install location.gif is described in detail in the picture. This page allows you to specify the location where you wish to install the Oracle Fusion Middleware software. The fields that appear on this page are described in further detail in the following table.
|Oracle Middleware Home||Use this field to specify the location of your Oracle Middleware home directory:
|Oracle Home Directory||Use this field to specify the directory inside the Middleware home where you want to install your products.If you specify a directory that already exists, it must be either:
If you specify a new directory, it will be created inside the Middleware home.
In the Oracle Fusion Middleware Installation Planning Guide, you can find further information about the directory structure and concepts in “Oracle Fusion Middleware Directory Structure and Concepts.” Check that your directory paths are legitimate and do not contain double backslashes if you are executing an installation on a Windows-based operating system (\).
Install type.gif is described in detail in the picture.
You may use this page to pick the sort of installation you wish to carry out on your computer. The choices are described in the following table:
|Typical||This installation type installs Oracle Service Bus and Oracle Service Bus binaries in the Oracle home.|
|Custom||This installation type allows you to choose which Oracle Service Bus component you want to install on your system. The components to select from include the Oracle Service Bus server, Oracle Service Bus IDE, and Oracle Service Bus examples.|
B.5Components to Install
Install components.gif is described in detail in the following paragraphs: You may use this page to pick the components that you wish to include in your installation. Please keep in mind that this page is only visible if you select theCustomtype of installation from theInstallation Typescreen. The following components are available for selection:
|Oracle Service Bus||This option installs the base Oracle Service Bus features. Note that this is a required component and you will not have the option to de-select this component.|
|Oracle Service Bus IDE||The integrated design environment for Oracle Service Bus which provides comprehensive facilities to computer programmers for software development.NOTE: If you are installing on an HP-UX or AIX operating system, you must make sure that this component is not selected.|
|Oracle Service Bus Examples||This option provides a quick and easy way to experience the run-time capability of using Oracle Service Bus proxy services in your design environment.The examples are user-driven, pre-configured scenarios that use Oracle Service Bus to communicate with business services. The examples are based on typical business scenarios that benefit from using the proxy services to communicate between clients and business processes.You can run the examples to see how Oracle Service Bus operates in the run-time environment, or you can build the examples in the development environment to get more in-depth knowledge of how to configure the proxy service.|
Install prereqs.gif is described in detail in the next paragraph: This screen examines the host machine to see whether or not specified operating system prerequisites have been satisfied, and then displays the results. The bottom half of the screen displays a brief error notice if any of the precondition checks are not completed successfully. Correct the mistake and clickRetry to attempt the task again. You can select Continue if you wish to disregard the error or warning messages and proceed with the installation regardless of what they are.
B.7Product Home Location
Install product home.gif is an example with the following description: The location of the Oracle WebLogic Server home as well as the location of the Oracle Enterprise Pack for Eclipse (OEPE) software should be specified on this screen. The fields on this screen are described in further detail in the following table.
|Oracle WebLogic Server Location||The directory name for your WebLogic Server home. This directory will automatically be created inside the Middleware home. The default name for this directory iswlserver_10.3.|
|OEPE (Oracle Enterprise Pack for Eclipse) Location||The OEPE directory name. The default name for this directory isoepe_220.127.116.11.0inside your Middleware home.Note:This option appears only if you are installing Oracle Service Bus IDE, either with a Typical installation, or by selectingOracle Service Bus IDEon theComponents to Installscreen.|
Check that your directory paths are legitimate and do not contain double backslashes if you are executing an installation on a Windows-based operating system (\).
Install summary.gif is a graphic with a brief description. This page provides a summary of the choices you’ve made so far throughout this installation session. In it, you’ll find the following information:
- This refers to where you will be installing your equipment. The amount of disk space that will be required for the installation. These are the programs that you have chosen to be installed
Taking careful note of the facts on this screen, you should do one of the following actions.
- If you wish to make any changes to the settings before starting the installation, use the navigation pane to pick the Installer page that you want to return to and alter
- Otherwise, go to the installation. Upon completion of the information, click Install to begin the installation procedure. Alternatively, you can save this setting to a text file (also known as a response file) by clickingSave. If you decide to do the same installation via the command line in the future, you may save the response file created as a backup. For further details, refer to Chapter 4, “Silent Installation and Deinstallation” of the manual.
installation in progress.gif is described in more detail below. This screen displays information about the installation’s progress. Canceling the installation will allow you to exit before it is completely done. Performing this action will result in a partial installation, meaning that the software that was installed on your system before you clickedCancelwill remain on your system and you will have to manually delete it from your computer.
Installation of the illustration install completed.gif is described in detail. This page provides a summary of the installation process that has just been finished. Alternatively, if you wish to save this summary information to a text file for future reference, select Save. To exit the screen, use the Finish button.